Mediterranean stuffed chicken was one of my favourite dishes back in the old days, so the possibility of making it in a modern plant based World was too good not to try.
With regards to what is actually in the stuffing then that is totally up to you, the possibilities are endless. I have gone with a simple Mediterranean option here with olives, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley and good extra virgin olive oil. I complete the Euro feel with some sliced tomatoes added on top, at the end of the baking process to really roast and crisp up.
It is baked, 100% gluten free and low calorie and high protein (316 calories and 20 g protein) but please do bear in mind that these Gardein products, although nutrionally are good for you, are still processed so don’t go having this every day. Once or twice a week is perfect though.
Enjoy and serve with a salad or some grilled veg and new potatoes.
Make this for your partner and you WILL get some action. Thank me later!
- Calories = 316
- Protein = 20g
- Fat = 20g
- Saturated Fat = 1.5g
- Carbohydrate = 12.2g
- Cholesterol = 0g
- 8 Gardein Chicken Scallopinis (2 packs), thawed completely in the refrigerator
- A big handful of pitted, black olives, chopped (I used about 12)
- A bigger handful of sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (I used 15)
- A small bunch of basil or parsley, chopped
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Chop your olives and sun-dried tomatoes together
- Chop the parsley and then mix together with the olive/tomato mixture
- Season with salt and pepper and add a good glug of olive oil ad stir. If the mixture needs more oil, add it slowly hear. It should be glistening but not swimming in oil. Definitely not more than 2 tablespoons. 1 should get you there
- Divide the mixture equally into 4 and spoon onto 4 thawed scallopinis
- Place the remaining scallopinis on top and using your fingers, pinch together the sides and keep working and massaging until all the sides are smooth. You can obsess over this like I did or you can do it roughly, just making sure everything is sealed so that the mixture oil, won’t escape. Repeat for all 4 pieces
- Place in an oven on a baking paper lined baking tray. Cook for 15 minutes
- Turn the chick’n over, lay a couple of slices of tomato on each and cook for a further 10 -15 minutes